We spend quite a bit of time in Bend and everyone is always asking for recommendations, so I thought I would put together a list of our top things to do and our favorite restaurants. Let me know if I left anything out!
Top 10 Things To Do
- Beer – Boneyard Beer beer is consistently voted the best IPA (RPM) and well, it is just yummy!
- Beer – Crux Fermentation Project never disappoints in their vast array of tasty beers. So stretch out on the lawn and enjoy the sunset and some tasty beers.
- Beer – Goodlife Brewing is another chill outdoor space that we frequent with live music, a distillery, and some good beers as well.
- Float the River – Rentals (Simpson/Columbia parking lot) or your own tube are a great way to spend the day. You start near the Old Mill and float into town. A $3 bus ride will bring you back so you can do it all over again! The surf park has a few little rapids that can spice up the ride down into town.
- Hike the River Trail – I start almost every morning with a walk along the river starting near the Old Mill District and going around the river over the footbridges. You can break up the walk to make it anywhere from a few miles to 5 miles and enjoy lots of great views. There is a footbridge across about every mile or two.
- Mountain Bike Swampy to Bend – The mountain biking is amazing all over town. Our favorite ride is a shuttle that starts at Swampy Lake Snow Park and ends at Phil’s trail network. On the way down you enjoy the great single track, including the legendary Whoops Trail. CogWild supplies a shuttle to make it easy.
- McMenamins Movie Night – This converted school gymnasium serves up movies, beer, and pizza on old couches and armchairs. A great way to kick back and relax. If the movie isn’t your scene there is usually live music, pool or some Grateful Dead Tunes in one of the other bars on-site.
- Paddle – Hosmer Lake is hands down our favorite paddle location. Arrive early as the parking lot is small and demand is high for this amazing never ending lake. Great location for fly fishing as well.
- Music – Les Schwab Concert Series provides some great tunes all summer long. We love spreading out on the grass and enjoying the sunset and music.
- Munch and Music – During the summer months, there is a weekly free concert on Thursday nights along with food carts and a bar area in Drake Park. Bring your blanket, beach chairs and enjoy the music and views down by the river.
Our 10 Favorite Restaurants
- El Sanchez Taco – The restaurant or the food cart located at Crux Brewery are both delicious.
- Brother Jon’s Brew Pub – Cobb salad or the Jack Sparrow Burger are favorites.
- Parrilla Grill – Hefe’s Fish Tacos are the bomb!
- Wild Rose Thai – Northern Thai and we love the khao soi
- Kanpai Sushi – A great happy hour that starts at 4 pm and they make some great cocktails as well.
- Deschutes Brewery – Monday night is locals burger night and we can often be found there – the beer and the food are delicious.
- Baldy’s – Best barbecue in Bend
- Kebaba – Middle Eastern food, I am obsessed
- McKay’s Cottage – Hands down the best breakfast in Bend
- Ariana – Our favorite splurge meal with food that is worth planning ahead for.