AJO, CA – There are many things that you learn while living this crazy, out of the ordinary way of life. Here are a few truths I have learned;
- If you deliver water to me in the desert, you are a friend for life.
- Air streamers have their own ‘click’ of cool people and many of them are pretty darn awesome. That said there are lots of great people traveling in something other than an airstream.
- Making a non-walk around bed is a total pain in the ass and requires a combination of gymnastic, weight lifting and cat like prowess.
- Cooking me breakfast and doing the dishes will get you almost anything you want.
- No matter how many clothes you bring or don’t bring, you still only wear the same 5 things.
- RV’s break – it is not a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when.’ If things break you are always missing the one tool that will make it easier to fix. This is where the ‘good friends with tools’ comes in handy.
- Solar is cool – fun to use and talk about (easily the MOST discussed topic around the campfire).
- No one talks more about poo tanks than RV’ers (http://www.poopourri.com is a relationship life saver – if you don’t know what it is, check it out).
- Nothing ever gets lost in an RV – at least not for long.
- There is always more to learn and more to see. The list is never ending and that is an adventure worth taking!
What have you learned? We would love to hear what we haven’t thought of — a new lesson for us perhaps?